Alt HAN Newsletter
Alt HAN Secretariat
Welcome to the first Newsletter for Alt HAN. These newsletters will provide a monthly summary of all Alt HAN Forum, Sub-Group and Board activities to help keep stakeholders up to date with the progress of Alt HAN.
This month Alt HAN held seven meetings and one workshop progressing a wide range of key activities.
Supplier Contract Governance and Regulatory Sub-Group (SCGR)
The SCGR met on the 12th April 2018 and included an afternoon workshop to discuss the Conceptual Framework for the Exempt Premises List.
Highlights from this month’s meeting included:
- Review of the Product descriptions and dependencies for the Supplier Contract and the Exempt Premises List
- Outstanding comments for the main body of the Alt HAN Co/Supplier Contract progressed with consideration to:
- Providing a contract clause to facilitate any access to premises for Alt HAN Co
- Removing any optionality of contract clauses
- EPL Conceptual Framework discussed including:
- Regulatory requirements analysis
- Roles and responsibilities
- Key processes and relationships
- Data requirements
- Options on the approach to the list
- High Level Framework
The next SCGR Meeting is scheduled for 10th May 2018.
Assurance Sub-Group (ASG)
The ASG met on the 16th April 2018 and considered the development of the Alt HAN Forum decision making criteria. This document was presented to the Forum on the 19th April and approved.
The next ASG meeting date is to be confirmed by the ASG Chair.
Alt HAN Forum
The Alt HAN Forum held four meetings during April, with Extra-Ordinary Forum’s held on 13th April 2018, 27th April 2018 and 30th April 2018. The monthly Forum meeting took place on 19th April 2018.
The main topics of discussion included:
- Technology Services ITT response evaluations and outcomes
- Updates on the Operational Services ITT and Data Classification Model Cost Benefit Analysis
- The outcomes of the Forum and Board Strategy sessions along with Project Support and Business Support Impact Assessments.
- Financial Position Budget Impact was presented to the Forum and it was agreed to have a budget review at every ongoing Forum meeting.
- Alt HAN response for the BEIS consultation on 2.4GHz repeaters
- Approval of the High-Level Programme Plan to v4.0.0.
- Approval of the proposed recommendation to trigger a Preliminary Assessment with DCC.
The next Alt HAN Forum meeting is scheduled for 17th May 2018.
Alt HAN Co Board
The Alt HAN Co Board held its latest meeting on the 26th April 2018 and considered the following:
- Health and Safety matters that should be covered monthly, including potential exposure, scope and impending introduction of larger managing systems
- Current auditing of the management accounts which should allow for the statutory accounts to be ready for the next meeting
- Revised budget cycle for 2018/19 allowing for more time for Forum Member consultation, feedback and subsequent analysis
- Business Side Roles proposition and updates on the Technology and Operational Services Procurements
The next Alt HAN Co Board meeting is scheduled for 31st May 2018.
If you would like any further information on any of the items discussed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7090 7766.
The Alt HAN Secretariat